Wednesday, April 16, 2008

End of sakura season

I took lots of close-ups of flowers and blossoms. I think the best way to view them is to stick them together in a set. Actually I spent hours and have about 30 different photos. It's difficult with my camera because the focus is difficult to control and flowers usually blow in the wind. I take usually about 10 shots before I'm lucky with the wind. I then delete the other nine.

SHINGU CASTLE RUINS
Spring in Japan was brief but beautiful. I went up to Shingu castle ruins and took a some photos of the few remaining trees in blossom. Actually, in some respects, it is easier to take picture in late spring because the blossems are mixed in with sprouting leaves.........This picture is a composite of four photos photoshopped together. It a nice place to take a book and spend an afternoon reading. I've been up here a few times with a good book and once had a picnic. It's a great place for a picnic but it gets a bit busy on weekends.

PICNIC IN TAIJI
Went to Taiji with Eri, Amy and Reiko for a picnic. The weather was sunny and clear and some of the views of the ocean were great.

Here Eri, Amy and Reiko are walking down a steep, narrow path to the sea-side below. It's really hard to take unposed pictures, as soon as people see you pointing a camera at them they pose and in Japan and Taiwan everybody uses the V-finger pose. I merged two pictures, if you look carefully you'll see two Eris.

I like this picture; Amy, Eri and myself in front of the Taiji lighthouse.
Amy and I are pretending to throw Eri down the cliff. Love the expression of fear and delight on Eri's face.

Dandelions are probably my favorite flowers, if you can call them flowers. They are simple, beautiful and inspiring at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment